Ron McDonald, publisher and editor of Southern Fishing News, has announced a new member of the Southern Fishing News’ team of sponsors– Larry the Lizard Custom Baits. McDonald said the addition of the new sponsor represented another line of quality products.
“Larry the Lizard”, owner of the brand, said he was impressed with the exposure Southern Fishing News offered and that was the deciding factor in signing on as a sponsor. Larry the Lizard said, “The synergy created by Southern Fishing’s multiple points of news distribution will provide Larry the Lizard Custom Baits great exposure at a very justifiable investment.
The Larry the Lizard Custom Baits feature a unique styling with imbedded rattlers. Larry the Lizard added, “The surface of our lures is designed to emit additional vibrations as opposed to a slick or flat surface. In addition, our soft plastic line of custom baits contain a rattler chamber inside of the bait.”
Perhaps the “flagship” of the brand’s line of products are the 10 Inch Rattlin’ Larry The Lizard and the 6 Inch Rattlin’ Larry The Lizard. In addition to the unique lizards are the 7 and 10 Inch Pro-tour Rattlin’ Worm. The 4 Inch Rattlin’ Frog-n-Craws rounds out the line with a must-see design. Perhaps one of the best, if not the best lure of it’s type.
The Magnum Rattlin’ Larry the Lizard/ Water-Dog incorporates a Rattlin’ Chamber System that is custom-built into each bait. The built-in Rattle Chamber System is designed to allow the tail to whip constantly and send out a distress signal/vibration to attract bass to the bait.
Larry the Lizard pointed out the secret blend plastic is 100% American made. The unique super-soft (yet strong), floating soft plastic is strong enough to withstand multiple fish strikes. The floating plastic makes the bait float without any weight. This feature allows the bait to suspend when Carolina or drop-shot rigged. The lure stands up at a 45 degree angle when Texas rigged.
The bait is also different featuring an Aero-Hydro Dynamic design. This design allows the bait to swim, dig, crawl and stand up in a fighting posture naturally, just the like the real prey the lure is designed to mimic. The action is totally lifelike according to Larry the Lizard.
The Magnum Rattlin’ Larry the Lizard’s larger profile has a super slow fall ratio, a ribbed back which displaces more water and a specially designed arrow head allowing the bait to go through weeds and brush with ease. The Lizard has a hull-shaped bottom and a plainer board back which causes the bait to swim in a natural “life like” motion. Also a great weedless fishing experience. The super soft floating plastic causes the bait to have a wacky-mojo motion and continuous movement even when the angler is dead-sticking the bait.
Alabama’s Dalton Bobo, a four time Bassmaster Classic qualifier, says, “I’ve been impressed with Larry the Lizard Custom Baits for a long time. These quality lures produce every where I have fished. If I had to pick a favorite it would be the 6” Rattlin’ Lizard in the Bloody Fork color. However, there are so many good colors it’s difficult to have to a favorite. I’ve whacked them on all the Larry the Lizard Custom Lures products including the Mag Lizard, Frog-N-Craw and Rattlin’ Worm. These baits have really produced in different situations, especially when the bite gets tough. I recommend you give these lures a try. I think, like myself, you’ll be impressed as well!”
Other Notable anglers such as Andrew Luxon (FLW), Chester Moore, Denise Sustaita, Lee Morris, Mike Rennie and Stan Brown have all endorsed the brand and lures.
The owner and designer reviews his lures particular, unique advantages:
• The Design on this bait is different. The Aero-Hydro Dynamic design allows the bait to swim, dig, crawl and stand up and “fight” naturally, just the like the real prey it is designed to mimic. The action-is-totally “life like,” and our lures feature soft plastic that is unlike any on the market.
• The larger profile bait has a super slow fall ratio, a ribbed back which displaces a lot of water, and a specially designed arrow head allowing the bait to go through weeds and brush with ease. The Larry the Lizard Custom Baits have a hull shaped bottom and planer board back. This design causes the lure to swim in a natural “life like” motion enabling a great weedless fishing experience. The super soft, floating plastic allows the bait to have a wacky-mojo motion and a continuous movement even when the angler is dead-sticking the bait.
The special features of the line of lures include:
• A super soft (and strong), 100% American made plastic lasting through multiple fish strikes.
• Created with a floating soft plastic allowing the bait to suspend rather than sink.
• A unique rattle chamber system that emits a continuous distress vibration to attract fish.
• An Aero Hydro Dynamic design causing the bait to swim, dig, crawl, stand-up and “fight back.”
• Specially designed to have totally life-like action. You can’t tell the difference and neither can the Bass.
• Larry the Lizard Custom Baits are available in twelve colors.
The complete line of Larry the Lizard Custom Lures can be seen on the company’s website: http://www.larrythelizardcustombaits.com